Tuesday 13 May 2008

Thank you for the Carnations

Mother's Day came and went so fast!

Aquan was the first with the wishes, on the dot at midnight. In the morning, or rather noonish, JJay did too. Next came a dozen smses from near and far; from my bosses and bosom buddies, and a sweet surprise from JJay's friend I have not met, incredibly sweet!

The biggest surprise though, was a bouquet of carnations, in my favourite colour, sent by my baby girl from over the oceans. And the card read:

To Maman
To my dearest Maman,
I love you forever and ever and ever and ever and
ever and ever and... oh yea, HAPPY MOMMY'S
DAY... and ever and ever and ever and ever and
ever and ever... You got the picture!!
From: xoxo, Chah


The evening saw me and JJay fulfilling our 7pm invitation, Aquan still had fever and stayed home. We arrived on the dot, right when the "caterer" was being summoned. But the catering was not topmost on our minds, it was little Amir Harith, my oh my, how he has grown, strong and handsome! He was playing with his Wan, refusing the new bottle offered him, preferring his old, more expensive one! Oh dear, did he get that from his Nyang? I pray no, not after me, but then, who?!

We all sat down to a lovely dinner from pizzaH; 3 mothers were guests of honour, queens for the day, honoured by daughters and sons, cucus and cicit! It was a simple dinner concluded with a durian cake for Wan and Nyang, and a mint chocolate one from Amir Harith to his Mama. Not sure if it was the food, I suspect it was more the company, or just the simplicity of it all that filled me with the warm glow inside. Thank you, Che Pah & Co, alhamdulillah.

Got home to more presents, a pair of froggy slippers from Aquan, my ever thoughtful middle child. All five of them are thoughtful, actually, so I was a little worried when there was no news from the trio in Doha...ah well, may be they don't celebrate Mother's day there...ah well....

Then it was time to go online, see if my Baby Girl would be there. Yes, she was waiting for me, demanding to know if I got her carnations!

Yes, Chah, got them, Chah, thank you so much Baby...Yes, love the colour, Chah, perfect, Baby, yes! was a real surprise, thank you!


We chatted for a bit, may be 2 minutes, then the questions came again...

Yes, really excited when I got them, Chah...really lovely...yes, will take some pics, but camera low batt...yes, I love you too, Baby, thank you!

Another 5 minutes about her coming exams, then...

Yes Chah, was really surprised! Yeah, really cute idea, yes, love the card too, yes, you are cute!...you took after me there, Chah...whew!



I really don't know who was happier about the carnations, the recipient or the sender! But that is my Baby Girl...


Mother's Day came and went, much too quickly, just like the phases of our lives as mothers; despite the responsibility of carrying and nurturing, despite the worries and the sacrifices, all too soon the time would come. They fly out of the nest, even if you never want to let go... and all you can do is wait for their calls, or call them often, or wait online. And if you are lucky, you get a bouquet of dark pink carnations on Mother's Day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining US, on the day of MOTHERS' DAY...YES! It was indeed a pleasant surprise to me to have you and JJ over. The best Mother's Day surprise ever! Thank you, you made my day...but perhaps Amir Harith did not realise all these excitements.

What a lovely, lovely , lovely bright dark pink carnations from Chah. They really brightens up this blog, so very cheerful!!!

here goes.. something which you might already have in your...

A woman has strengths that amaze men
She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens
She holds happiness, love and opinions
She smiles when she feels like screaming
She sings when she feels like crying,
Cries when she is happy and laughs when she is afraid
Her love is unconditional
BUT...
Sometimes she forgets what she's WORTH, How Dignified She is, How Honourable Allah puts her...She is everything TO the Creator ...

BUT of course, surely she is the beautiful lady with a heart of gold, with tears of pearl, with smiles of silver, with a touch of magical hands and with words of wisdom.

SHE IS A FORCEFUL OF DYNAMITE
Stands all weather, all, all, all everything under the sun...

Amir Harith has not posted me any of those pictures taken at our dinner table yet. Probably dad is still busy auditing company accounts and mom is busy "storing up" something for Amir Harith, for June draws too near now. Mom would be back at work soon and Wan has to mind Amir Harith. Don't be surprise! By the day ends, Amir Harith would end up looking after the exhausted Wan...Hahahahahha...

Bebee said...

You are welcome, Che Pah,
Thanks for those encouraging words, but most of all, thanks for being there when this li'l heart of mine break into nano pieces...
And Amir Harith, he's something else isn't he?!
...I'll take the laughter and the tears and make them all my souvenirs...Happy Mother's Day, everyday....